The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} I_vote_lcapIn Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} I_voting_barIn Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} I_vote_lcapIn Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} I_voting_barIn Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel}

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} Empty In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel}

Post by Dusk Aerilius Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:20 pm

"What makes a hero legendary?" Belmir quietly thought to himself. He'd heard tales from all of the cities surrounding Karnargel of a priest, Edhen, who's heroic deeds could surely be deserving of song. "Maybe I've finally found what I've been searching for since leaving Bh'aam, not that I've really searched that far yet truthfully... These have certainly been trying times travelling by myself, but I feel as though I'm living the life of the Bards in the stories!", Belmir reassured himself confidently. The surrounding Elves and Humans were giving him strange glances as he walked by. "Maybe I do look out of place here, or maybe it's because I talk to myself too often.", the now embarrased half-elf thought silently to himself. The city was truly a marvel, the likes of which he'd never seen before. The houses and stores were set in the trees, the 'streets' pristine, and the people dressed in greens and brown, much like himself, but in a very different and more organic fashion. He'd never seen so many elves in one place, and felt a mix of comfort and disdain coming from them as they passed by. He continued down the main thoroughfare and came upon what he could only imagine to be an Inn/Pub, the sign written in Elvish and Common, The Emerald Prince. Upon entering, he found it to be surprisingly full. Wondering what the occasion must be, he approached a bar maid, lifting his wide-brimmed hat and bowing low with a smile. He had to look up to meet her gaze, as she was a full foot taller than him, a truly beautiful elven woman with raven black hair and sapphire eyes. "M'lady, Belmir Faedove, and might I ask your name?", Belmir said, smiling confidently. "What can I get for you? I'm very busy as you can see...", the woman snapped back, clearly exhausted. "I had actually wondered why it's so busy, as I'm new to this place. Is there some sort of festival going on?", replied Belmir, significantly more sheepishly seeing as he'd bothered her now. "Yes, it's the annual festival, celebrating Edhen, this year looks to be the busiest one in memory so far, and I'm honestly not sure how we're going to house all of these guests... If you'd like to know more, I'd suggest someone else though. I'm sorry but I am very busy, Hilda's the name.", she replied, disappearing into the growing crowd. Ha! What luck coming at such an opportune time! Seeing as almost all of the stools at the bar were occupied, Belmir seated himself at a corner table which seemed to be the only one not taken and fingered through his song book, working on the melody to his latest song.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-04-12

Back to top Go down

In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} Empty Re: In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel}

Post by Mari Bryn Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:26 pm

The Emerald Prince was crowded, people were practically shoulder to shoulder. Elli was holding on tight to Badger, but no one ever looks down, and even mounted they were under three feet tall. People kept jostling them and Elli was getting a bit overwhelmed, "Badger, I need to get out of here. " She said to him letting go for a second to cover her ears, as she did a large human tripped over them, knocking Elli off balance. Elli fell to the ground and the human, looking around just saw Badger. "Wots this then?" the man asked picking Badger up, "Ain't no pets in here," He said carrying Badger to the door, Badger struggled trying to get to Elli but the man was tough and had him by the scruff.

"Badger!" Elli cried trying to scramble after him, but there were to many people, to many legs. She was starting to panic, it was so loud in there. She looked around and saw a mostly empty table in the corner. She scrambled under it and hunched over squinting her eyes with her hands covering her ears, she began humming a song her mama used to sing trying to quell the panic.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2075
Usertitle : Public Relations Director
Moderation Color: Lavender
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} Empty Re: In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel}

Post by Dusk Aerilius Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:35 pm

"THAT'S IT!" shouted Belrim, hearing a soft melody, "But where is that coming from? Somewhere near surely..." As he began searching for the location he felt a bump against his leg. He looked under the table and found a small gnome, quietly sobbing and lightly singing between the cries. "Now now, don't cry sweetie!" Belrim sang under the table, trying to soothe the gnome. She must be frightened, being so small in such a crowded room, he thought to himself. As he looked up from the floor, he saw a large human carrying... a badger? "Oh! That must belong to you, you do look like a forest gnome now that I've gotten a better look at you. Don't worry, let's see what I can do." Belrim stood up in his chair, and with a surprisingly loud voice, but at the volume, still quite clear, he started to sing. As he began, the entire room started to silence and people stopped to watch and listen. He was sometimes shocked at the way he could catch attention, and as he continued into his song, his mind focused in on the human carrying the animal. He focused in his singing, the way he'd taught himself when he wanted to target a specific person with the magic he could imbue into his song. He was singing directly into the man's soul, and as he reached a cresendo, the human loosened his grip, fascinated and only able to focus on the sound, enough for the badger to scramble to the floor and under the table. He bowed and tipped his hat to the room and chuckled under his breath, content with his actions, and sat back down in his chair. As he looked back under the table, he was glad to see the animal had made it back to it's friend. "Now... I do hope you'll be feeling well enough to join me for a meal! Belrim Faedove, m'lady. I would love to hear that beautiful melody you were just singing, if it would be alright?"
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Badger was trying hardto get free from the not Elli. Elli needed him. The not Elli was strong, then the not Elli stopped, another not Elli was singing, this not Elli looked like a friend and its music was good. it was near where Elli was. The big not Elli let Badger go! Badger landed on the floor and ran to where Elli was. Elli was drowning in her head again. Badger curled around Elli, Badger licked Elli's face and waited for her to stop drowning.

Elli felt badgers solid warmth around her and felt him licking her face. She wrapped her arms around him and squeezed him tight breathing deeply, letting the smell of his fur help clear her mind. He smelled like home. She felt the waves subsiding, and felt her muscles relax, the room seemed much quiter too. She opened her eyes and saw a half elf looking at her under the table. She tried to focus on his words staring at his mouth intently. "Meal, Belrim, singing," she muttered under her breath, she shook her head real quick and felt her mind regain focus.

"Thank you Belrim. My names Elli," She said shakily standing up leaning on Badger. She walked out from under the table and scrambled up into one of the chairs, Badger jumped up behind her and lay down resting his head on his paws but watching her carefully with one eye. She absentmindedly kept scrunching her hand into his fur. "That songs just one my mother used to sing when I'd have nightmares and stuff, she said her mama used to sing it too."
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:55 pm

"Pleasure to meet you Lady Elli, and badger as well of course! The song has a fantastic melody, and I can see why it might have that effect. Music can carry all sorts of effects, so it's no surprise really, and if it's an important one to you, even more so!", Belrim replied. The different powers of song had always been something that intrigued him, as there always seemed to be different things he was learning every day since leaving his home city. "If you're hungry, I would love to join you for a meal! I'm new to this place, and honestly it's a little overwhelming even for me... I can't imagine how you must feel, and I would love company.", he added with a smile. Seeing Hilda appear from the crowd, he called, "Hilda! My new friend and I are famished if you have a spare moment? I'd kill for a drink myself. What would you like Lady Elli?"
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:50 pm

ELLI tilted her head at the question and then looked at badger.  He snuffled and stretched his paws out. Elli smiled and then looked at the Lady Belrim called Hilda.  "I'd like 3 eggs please, 1 scrambled the other two...well, just the eggs and maybe some of whatever fresh fruit you have," She said with a smile.  "Oh and an Ale please!"

Elle then turned to Belrim, noticing all his instruments.  "You must really like music then, Badger says you're music is good and that you made that human let him go.  How could you do that? That's so cool!"

Last edited by Mari Bryn on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:39 pm

"If a Spinach Quiche is a possibility, I'll take one, with a glass of wine. Preferably an Elven aged red.", said Belrim with a smile to Lady Hilda. She quickly ran toward the bar, and into the back. He wished she wasn't as busy so he could speak with her more, but it couldn't be helped... At least until after the festival of course. "I'm very glad to hear that Sir Badger enjoyed my song! I'm happy that the song had the effect I wanted honestly, I haven't practiced that one before on an actual person...", Belrim replied with a nervous laugh. He was honestly glad he didn't put the entire room to sleep, or worse... "As for how, even I'm not entirely sure of the answer to that at times. Music really can have powerful effects in the hands of a talented Bard, though my own songs are nowhere near the scale of power the Bards of eld wielded. I actually travelled to this place in search of information on the legendary hero native to here. Surely a song worthy of a hero could hold some power...", he said, realizing that he was dragging on. "I'm sorry, I sometimes get lost in thought. I'd love to hear more about you Lady Elli! What brings you and Sir Badger here?"
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:40 pm

"Well, I heard they made the trees into their homes here. Mama said the forest gnomes live in trees too. But it's different, here they make the trees grow into what they want so they look pretty and all but it's not like you'd confuse it for a regular forest. Mama said that, like how rock gnomes carve homes out of the rock, forest gnomes would carve their homes out of the trees so the normal tree would live around them and protect them as both shelter and camouflage." Elli looked down and scratched Badgers head.

"My Auntie Rockjaw started the saying that I was a rock gnome with forest paint. The others would say it too, I know they were trying to be nice, saying how I fit in with the family and all, but. Well, I thought that maybe I'd find more forest gnomes here, to see if I really am that different. I don't think they'd be here though now that I see it, It's to big and complicated, to many strangers. It's nice here though," she said with a smile, "Once you're no longer in danger of being stepped on."
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:18 pm

"The trees here are truly a splendor to witness first-hand...", agreed Belrim, "But I can understand what you mean by complicated. It's natural in a way, but it's not as though it was difficult to find the place either. You'd think being half-elven I'd feel at home here, but even I feel a stranger. Not quite elven enough for the elves, but not human either..." he added with a sigh. Hearing the gnome speak of her family describing her as 'a rock gnome with forest paint' truly hit home with him, he'd never heard another say what he felt in that way, and he felt a sort of comradery with Elli in that moment. "No time for negative feelings though, just lost in thought for a moment there. I wonder what happens at this festival anyways? I've only ever been to the festivals in Bh'aam, but I feel as though this is going to be very different from those." Belrim said with a half-smile to his new friend.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:23 am

"Honestly I didn't even know there was a festival," Elle said as she grabbed her widget bag off Badger's harness, and began rummaging through it. "If I would have known this place would be extra crowded I would have gone somewhere else first. I've never even heard of this Edhen person, what'd he do anyway that he gets this big festival?" She asked as she took out a small clockwork duck and began working on it absentmindedly.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:18 pm

"I'd also not heard tell of a festival, I only meant to come here to learn more of Edhen. He was a legendary hero, a priest who saved this village from some evil or another. I really don't know very much honestly, but I was hoping his tale might make for a powerful song. It really is very crowded in here, I wonder how long our food will take?" Belrim replied quietly, watching Elli begin her work on the clockwork duck. "A clockwork? I haven't seen one since leaving the city! Did you make it yourself?" he asked, surprised.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Mari looked up and blushed a bit, "Yes, well I'm trying to make him at least. I've got the wing flapping down, but the walking needs a little work. The timings not quite right see," she said as she wound it up and set it on the table, the little duck stumbled around like a drunk for a few moments flapping it's wings before falling over on it's side, it's wings making it wobble up and down on the table. "it'll get there though," She said with a smile as she continued working on it. "Are there lots of people who make widgets in the city?" she asked excitedly.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Belrim laughed, the poor little duck looked almost helpless, but it was cute in it's own way. "I'm sure you'll get it! It takes a deft touch to make even what you've got there. There are a few merchants in the city who sell them, but I'm actually not certain if they make them or not. My mother bought me a small dragon after my first big performance..." he replied, remembering the dragon. It was small, and filled with impossibly minuscule gears, and when wound, would walk and move it's wings and head, spouting small sparks from it's mouth as a mock dragon's breath. As a child, it was his greatest treasure, and he kept it with him always. He started to dig through his bag, and found the small silver chest, placing it on the table. He opened the latch on the front and set the dragon in front of him, winding the key on it's back, and letting it walk towards Elli. He was surprised at how well it still worked.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Elli's eyes grew wide as she stood up in her chair leaning on the table to get a better look. "A dragon! I've always wanted to see a real one but this is exquisite." She gasped and put her hands to her mouth when it launched sparks. "By Garl's beard they even got sparks," She reached out her hands towards it before stopping herself and gripping the edge of the table. "That's amazing..."she whispered shaking her head. "I bet I could do that," she muttered watching it closely as it walked across the table.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Seeing Elli react to the dragon reminded Belmir of the first time he wound the dragon. It was the first time he'd seen his mother so proud of him, and this gift was the first and last he'd receive from her before she began to change. As a child he didn't notice, but since leaving he'd come to realize that he was a means for her rise in nobility and nothing more. Tears began to well at the thought, and he brushed them away, replacing them with the best smile he could muster, hoping his new friend was too distracted to notice. "If you'd like Elli, you can keep it? You could study it, and make an even greater one!" he said, pushing the chest across the table to her. "I think it would mean a lot more to you than it does to me now."
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:47 pm

"Oh Bemir! I couldn't, you said your mother gav..." Elli trailed off as she saw Belmir's face. "I'll study it, and I'll make you something amazing," she said with a bright smile and firm resolve as she gently put the dragon in it's box, and packed it into one of the bags on Badger's harness. Badger suddenly raised his nose in the air sniffing excitedly and sat up as Elli noticed Hilda walking towards them with a tray of food and drink.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:42 pm

His smile was genuine now, and he replied, "I'm very glad you like it Lady Elli, it seems like something much more suited to you than I!" As he saw Badger sniffing the air, he suddenly realized how truly hungry he was, and was glad to see their food was finally arriving. "Perfect timing!", he smiled to Hilda. The food looked surprisingly good, as he was growing more accustomed to the small country village food outside of Bh'aam. Everything was exactly as he hoped it would be, and he counted out double the gold he'd expect the meal to cost, handing it to the Lady Hilda, holding it in her hand for longer than necessary with a smile. "For my new friends and I all, Lady Hilda. Everything looks perfect for myself at least. Lady Elli, Badger?"
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:20 pm

The door to the building was thrown open and a massive silhouette filled the door. Galruug ducked his head to enter the room, ignoring the worried and angry looks of patrons as he returned to his full height and walked towards the bar counter. Reaching into his bear skin, he pulled out a pouch of gold and dropped it on the counter. "I need a barrel of ale!" He shouted out and turned to the rest of the room. "Unless all of you are patrons and just served yourselves." He growled, glaring at a few of the more defiant looking patrons. "I expect this will be a sufficent amount," he pointed at the rather large and bulging pouch of coin on the counter, "now could someone go fetch me that barrel of ale."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Elli was about to respond when the door flew open and the largest man she'd ever seen walked in, he even had what appeared to be the stumps of horns growing out of his head. She felt Badger stiffen behind her the hair on his back stand up. She reached back a hand and patted him, chittering soothingly, but as the man started shouting her eyes grew wide and she huddled down in her chair barely peeking over the top of the table.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Belrim was taken aback by the giant of a man who had just entered the bar, but the bard in him was also instantly curious. This man was surely a warrior, and most likely had many tales. He towered over even the tallest of the elves and looked more capable a warrior than he'd seen in his travels. He looked like a brute by the truest sense of the word, but even through his growling commands, Belrim couldn't help but sense a sort of wisdom in the man as well.. He had many questions for him, but felt unsure of his safety to ask them, for fear of angering him. He instead continued to drink his wine and watched, waiting for an opening. Elli's reaction to him worried him the most, and he began to hum what he could remember of the song she'd been singing under the table.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:32 am

Galruug continued to scan the bar, waiting for someone to step forward as someone who worked here. Eventually, a woman, the one known as Hilda, stepped forward and glared at him.

"If you're just gonna barge in like that and make demands, I don't want your money." Hilda said, staring up to his face and scowling. Galruug looked down at the woman and let out a growl.

"Fine then. If you don't want my coin I'll just take it else where." He grabbed up the pouch and returned it to under his cloak. As he started out he stopped and turned, looking around the room. "What's that noise..." He muttered, walking back to the center of the room. "WHO'S DOING THAT SINGING!"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:20 am

Elli gave Belrim a grateful look and straightened up a little.  "I'm sorry, I don't really like shouting like that," she whispered learning close to him.  "It's different when it's shouting in joy or while playing but shouting at people or when you're angry is different.  It's meant to intimidate, and that man is very intimidating."  She sighed in relief as the man began to leave but then he came back and shouted about the singing.

Badger immediately stood up maneuvering quickly but carefully on the chair pushing Elli back, putting himself between her and the giant of a man.  He growled barring his teeth.  Elli tried to get him to calm down not wanting to anger the man.  "Hush Badger please," she whispered frantically, "He's just loud, it's okay, hush."  

Badger did not like the loud not Elli.  The loud not Elli was mean.  The loud not Elli was yelling.  The loud not Elli would not hurt Elli.  Badger would not let anyone hurt Elli.  The loud not Elli would not hurt new friend either.  Badger liked new friend.  Badger did not like the loud not Elli.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:13 pm

He doesn't like singing, lovely... Belrim thought to himself. Well, if I go out singing, it's better than remaining silent... Belrim stopped the song and picked up the guitar on his bag. It was small, and finely crafted from white birch wood with silver strings and tuning keys. Maybe he just didn't like that song? I'll try another. he thought to himself as he quickly plucked the strings, hastily but masterfully tuning it. Belrim stood in front of the table, between Badger and Elli, and bowed to the giant, tipping his hat. He played a small melody, and began to sing the most popular pub song he'd come across, one everyone seemed to know. It was a song of war, friendship, and drinking, and it had a jumping melody with lyrics easy enough to memorize for even the most intoxicated man. It sounded a bit strange in his voice, he knew, but if he could get more people to sing along, maybe the giant would either join in or leave. He really didn't want him to leave, as he had questions for the man, but Elli was afraid, and that wasn't acceptable. As the song reached it's final verse, he'd realized he was still the only one singing, and his face turned red as he ended the performance early. Belrim laughed nervously and bowed to the man once more, "Belrim Faedove, sir. You look quite the capable warrior, is there a song you'd rather hear? I know many, and am sure I might know one you'd enjoy." Please don't throw me through a wall... he thought to himself. It wouldn't be the first time, but this man is much larger than the last. How do I get myself into these situations anyways?
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:30 pm

As the bard stood up and began to play, Galruug walked over to stand over him. When the song was finished and Belrim introduced himself, Galruug just scowled down at him for a moment. Then, in a shocking moment, Galruug let out a laugh and brought a big hand down onto the bard's shoulder, turn him to face more of the crowd. "Do you see this? This small man was brave enough to stand up to I!" He said with a laugh, pushing Belrim back towards his table. "Now, for his bravery, give this man the finest thing you've got." Galruug said, turning back towards Hilda, the woman nodded and sighed, hurrying to the back and return with a rather ornate looking bottle. Galruug tossed her a smaller pouch of gold than the one he first produced and looked back at the bard. "Now tell me bard, what drove you to approach me with your song?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:45 pm

Belrim kept himself from shaking as the man approached him, doing everything he could not to pass out. As the giant began to laugh and turn him to the crowd, he let out a long sigh, drawing breath for the first time since ending the song. He felt a tinge of embarrassment at being called small, To be fair, compared with him, I'm not in a place to disagree. he thought to himself. Hilda handed him a bottle, which he took, hands slightly shaking. The giant asked him of his reason for singing, and he thought for a moment on the best answer. "Music is a language all can understand, and to be honest sir, I wasn't entirely sure of what else to do... My talents are fairly limited as a Bard. You seem the type to have regaling tales though, and those make for great songs, powerful songs. I would be glad if you would share some! If you've the time of course..."
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next