The Reverie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posters
Lilith (3537)
In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 2 I_vote_lcapIn Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 2 I_voting_barIn Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Captain Jack (3326)
In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 2 I_vote_lcapIn Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 2 I_voting_barIn Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Harin (2324)
Mari Bryn (2075)
Juss (1368)
Atnem (1088)
Tidus (684)
lalaland (482)
Link (479)
Tempest Wind (364)

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel}

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 2 Empty Re: In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel}

Post by Mistdrake Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:04 pm

"You want to hear my stories?" Galruug said, sounding shocked that the bard would ask such a question. "You're the first person to have the nerve to ask such a think, your bravery impresses me singer." Galruug took an axe from his belt and planted it into the table next to Belrim, Hilda let out a slight shriek.

"See this. This here is my tale. The true tale of a warrior can't be recounted by words, by experiences." He said, running a hand along his axe's handle, across the small grooves that he'd carved into them when he carved down his horns. "If you want truly good tales Singer, you must make your own, not just borrow those from another." Galruug pulled his axe from the table, some splinters flying out with it. "So Singer, are you just going to sit in bars and hope for tales to come to you, or will you make some of your own?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel} - Page 2 Empty Re: In Search of a Hero {Belmir Faedove - Open - Karnargel}

Post by Mari Bryn Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Elli had gotten Badger calmed down while Belrim was singing but as the man approached their table she kept her head down. Barely peeking above the table, when he stuck the axe into the table she jumped putting her hands over her face. Badger quickly jumped up on the table growling at the man. "Badger no," she cried trying to drag him down by his harness to no avail. "I'm sorry sir please don't hurt him sir he's just a bit protective. I'm sorry sir," she said quickly scrambling up onto the table trying to push Badger down.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2075
Usertitle : Public Relations Director
Moderation Color: Lavender
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:24 pm

"I enjoy hearing all tales, I hope it isn't brusk of me to ask?", Belrim replied. He stayed in place, unflinching as the man buried his axe in a table, instantly curious of the axe. The handle had carvings in it, surely done for a reason. He was still listening, but he made a mental note to ask about them. As the man spoke of making his own tales, Belrim realized he must be speaking of the carvings. They must be reminders of the battles he'd fought, as many races would do. The world was an ever more interesting place!
    "I don't only borrow the tales, the tales in the hands of a Bard become much more than that. My abilities don't lie in facing foes alone, hearing tales and preserving them in memory is a step in training as the Bards of eld. My skills lay in enhancing those of the allies who would hear them, each becoming more powerful ever the more so the hero's memory. When I say that your tales would make for a powerful song, I don't mean to steal or borrow from you, only that you allow me to use the power within them to aid you or others further.", he replied with a smile. "You said it yourself, I am small, and admittedly the rapier at my hip is not where my prowess in battle lies." he said, hoping not to offend the man, "What brings you this way if I might ask? If I could be allowed to follow you, I would be glad to show you what I can do. If you aren't interested after that, I won't bother you any longer.", Belrim added.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2017-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:14 pm

When the badger jumped up on the table, Galruug was intrigued. "My, this is quite the creature." He said, grabbing it by the scruff and lifting it up, the creature being fairly unimpressed and attempted to bite at the man who was easily 5 times its size. "And a fighter too." Galruug chuckled before noticing the small woman on the table. "I assume this is your beast then? I commend you for its ferocity Small One, but perhaps teach it to not challenge an opponent this much larger." He said, setting Badger back down on the table.

"As for you Singer." He said, turning back to Belrim. "I am here because I wanted to get my fill of drink before I continued on to wherever I go next. I suppose nothing I say will stop you from following me so I will not try to dissuade you, however." With a sudden movement, the massive man's face was inches from Belrim's, one axe drawn and held in the air over the elf's head. "If you get in my way, I can promise you will be cut down just as easily as any of my opponents." He stood back up and started toward the door. "Since I cannot get my drink here, I guess I'll have to find another pub who is more willing to sell whole barrels."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:10 am

When the giant man picked Badger up Elli lost her balance falling onto the table, she scrambled around and stood up quickly dropping her hand to the small knife at her waist. When the man complimented Badger and put him back on the table she relaxed, letting out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She chittered at Badger scolding him and he slunked off the table and curled up in the chair still watching the giant man warily.

"Thank you sir, and I've tried to teach him but he'll do whatever it takes to protect the people he cares about sir," She said trying to stand up to her full height, but even while standing on the table the man towered over her. "My name's Elieso....well you can call me Elli," she said, thinking better of rattling of her full name to this man as she thrust her hand out towards him.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Belrim tried to hold back laughter as Badger lunged at the giant, but he had to smile at the animal's ferocity. The man turned his attention to Belrim, and as he approached close, he made effort not to let himself flinch away, or change his smile. He held the man's gaze, and as he walked away he replied, "Very well then, Sir Giant, as we finish our meal I will confer with my friend here. Might I ask your name and how I might find you again?" This man may not be a hero, but he might still make for an interesting tale yet?, Belrim thought to himself pridefully.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Galruug noticed the small woman and stopped walking. "Well Small One, clearly you do not fear me either." He then turned back to Belrim. "If you must know Singer, I am the true heir of the Frost Men, banished by my people. I am Galruug, and my name will be known and feared throughout all of Allocai." He stopped in the door way and looked at the two. "So, Singer and Small One. What say you, are you going to stay in this place, or, will you accompany me into the pages of legends?"
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Elli looked up at Belrim biting her lip. She didn't necessarily want to travel with this Galruug character, but she had started to view Belrim as a friend, the first person she'd met since leaving home that made this exploring thing seem worthwhile.

Letting out a huge sigh Elli climbed down off the table and stood next to Belrim with Badger following her. "I'll go if you're going. Can't let this guy get you killed after you helped us out," she said loking up at Belrim with a smile.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:28 pm

Belrim looked at Elli with a half smile, "Only if it's what you wish Lady Elli? -his voice lowering to a whisper- "We could always turn back if things get too crazy, and I won't allow the man to do any of us harm." This could be a great opportunity, and the decisions I've made so far haven't gotten me killed yet. This is certainly at least more interesting than the festival? he thought to himself.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:46 pm

"I grow tired of waiting for you two to become certain." Galruug growled, throwing the door open again and leaving the pub finally. He walked out into the street, being met by strange looks from those who were milling about until he let out a low growl, scaring the people back into what they were doing. He began to walk down the road, not really caring if the bard and small person followed, he'd just made them the offer.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:55 pm

"Well, lets go then," Elli said with a shrug as Galruug threw the door open and stalked out. She quickly jumped up on Badgers back and urged him to follow the giant.

"Adventures like this don't come up everyday!" Elli said with a laugh looking back at Belrim as Badger dodged around legs trying to catch up with Galruug. "Come on!"
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Belrim laughed loudly as he jumped out of his chair to grab his belongings, running to what was left of the door. Galruug wasn't hard to miss, and he quickly caught up with him and Elli. "Well then, where shall we be headed first?", he said with a smile. He had to walk quickly not to fall behind, but he'd only ever traveled by foot, so it wasn't too difficult. He instantly felt an excitement he hadn't since first leaving Bh'aam, greatly looking forward to the following days.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:56 pm

As they caught up, a part of Galruug immediately regretted this decision. Now he was stuck with a bard and a person to small to be any sort of physical threat. What he really needed was warriors, but so far this was all he could get. When Belrim asked where they were headed, the half giant chuckled. "What sort of great story would you have if we had a plan Singer. We're going wherever the winds take us." He laughed at himself as he kept walking, outside the town limits and continuing down the north road.
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:04 am

"Well I mean, technically don't all stories have plans, that's what makes them good stories. They're told with a pupose, they have a goal, and through adversity the heros achieve their goal. You don't hear to many stories of travelers lost in a forest for 40 years," Elli said looking up. Walking with Galruug was kinda nice, people gave them a wide berth and Badger didn't have to do much dodging and Elli didn't have to worry about falling off.

Badger was not sure. Elli and new friend were going with loud man. Loud man had picked Badger up. Badger did not like being picked up. Badger would like to bite loud man. Loud man could hurt Badger. Loud man could hurt Elli. Badger would not bite loud man yet. Badger would pee in loud man's shoes maybe. Badger liked this idea. Badger was happy.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:00 pm

"No matter the plan then, we head out regardless, correct?", he replied with a smile. As they neared the edge of the village, he brought out his piccolo and began to play a small, jaunting melody. The travelers' feet would move more swiftly, and they would cover more ground this way. The weather seemed to be holding clear for them as they went on their way, and Belmir was happy with the events of the day. Where he'd gone to search for the tale of one hero, he'd found three in it's stead. "Not quite the adventure I'd imagined, but I actually can't wait to see where this one leads!", he thought to himself as he kept the tune going.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:11 pm

"Only a fool gets lost, and to get lost for 40 years you'd have to be exceptionally foolish." Galruug chuckled at Elli's comment. "And we are no mere travelers small one. We are going forth to burn our names into history. Kings and emperors will know our names and the names of those we have join us." He slammed a fist on his chest and let out a roar.

When Belmir started to play his piccolo Galruug glared at the elf. "Are you going to play that the whole time Singer? I honestly preferred your humming over that."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:42 pm

As Galruug roared Elli covered her ears and Badger growled. She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself, this was most certainly not what she expected when she left home. She hoped this giant man was not a fool, and she a fool for following him.

Belrim's playing was nice, it made time seem to go a bit faster, the trail seem easier, when Galruug made his comment she scoffed under her breath before blurting out passionately.. "Don't you feel it? The power of the music he performs for us? Are you really so thick headed that you don't notice how it makes our path easier, our feet faster. Don't giant men have music?" When she was done speaking she let out a little squeak and covered her mouth. She hadn't meant to say that out loud, her big mouth was going to get her squished!
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:01 pm

Belrim laughed quietly at the thought of his name being burned into anything. His name had appeared on nothing other than a performance poster, so he thought the idea slightly comical, but he enjoyed Galruug's enthusiasm. As he criticized the music, he thought for a moment at how to answer, but Elli had beaten him to it with a rather abrupt, but well put retort. Belrim stopped playing to laugh loudly, giving Elli a wide smile. "Well then, yes Galruug, do giants have songs?", Belrim asked curiously. "I'd happily play one of those if you prefer, but I'd need you to teach it to me, or else if you truly would prefer the humming, I could switch to that? As for music in general it should come as no surprise, as I've never hidden the fact that I am a bard from you. I am, simply put, trying to lighten our feet a bit." The last part was still said with a smile, but carried a sense of finality to it. He wasn't going to end the music, but was willing to change the format of it if needed.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:06 pm

"A giant's song is that of battle. The clattering of metal and the screams of combat!" He said, looking proudly toward the sky, enjoying one of few fond memories of his people. "As far as the songs you traditionally think of, we have very few. It is not in our nature to sing songs." He chuckled as Elli tore into him. "Fine, play your songs singer. Just do it with a different instrument, that thing it infuriating."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Elli rolled her eyes. "So honestly, where are we going? You've got to have something in mind. You can't honestly just go 'where the winds takes us' and expect to find anything worth looking for...can you?"

This was Elli's first time away from home...maybe this was how adventures happened. In the stories there's always some quest, something driving the adventurers. What if life didn't work like that, what if it really was just people blundering about and then afterwards it gets turned into a story...Elli didn't find these thoughts comforting.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:20 pm

Belrim will concede with a shrug, placing the piccolo on a belt loop, trading it for the small silver guitar on his back. "It's just as well, as I can continue speaking this way.", he replied. "Are there any places around here of note? I haven't been this way in my travels yet. This is atmitedly the farthest from Bh'aam I've been..."
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:38 am

Balruug growled at Elli as she began to grow frustrated at him. "If you don't like this arrangement, return to that pub Little One." He said, glaring at the small woman. "If it really bothers you so much to not have a destination, then whatever city is next on this road. There." He said, stomping along on the road. "I do not know it's name or how far it is, but there will be another city on this road, and we are going there."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari Bryn Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:23 pm

Elli sighed but decided it was best to keep her mouth shut on that particular matter and change the subject. "So....what brings you here Galruug? It seems like this is a long way from your home, how'd you end up here," she asked as she took the small duck from her widget bag and began fiddling with it from Badger's back.

Badger will definitely pee in loud man's shoes. Badger does like new friend's new music though. The silver thing sounds nice. The small shrill thing was nice, but silver thing is more nice. Shrill thing sometimes hurt badgers ears. It was to high. Silver thing is more good.
Mari Bryn
Mari Bryn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusk Aerilius Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Belrim listened to his two companions, seeing both sides to their conversation. "I'm sure if we stay to the road, we'll come across something of note. I just hope wherever we end up is interesting! I'm also interested to hear what brings you out here Galruug. You're only traveling for glory? Not to offend, but how do you mean to find it, or is there something more specific you're looking for on your travels? I only ask so that I may decide how better to aid you. And you as well of course Elli!", he smiled at the two.
Dusk Aerilius
Dusk Aerilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistdrake Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:48 pm

"It is a long story." Galruug grunted when asked about his reason for being here. Ideally, he would have liked to leave it at that, however, he knew his companions would be insistent. "I was to be king once. I was to lead my people to future glory. My people betrayed me however, cast me out and usurped me." He growled, his fists clenching and teeth grinding. "My horns were removed and I was stripped of my title, and now I am made to wander until I have enough support to attempt to retake what is rightfully mine."
Mistdrake
Mistdrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum